Thursday 7 April 2011

My Royals are born fighters: Shilpa






Shilpa Shetty is back in news, now that the IPL season is all set to start. Not that she has ever been out of it, for even sometime ago, she made it to headlines when she was bypassed for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to represent the state in the World Kannada Conference. 

But sitting back in a plush chair in Jaipur, all set to be seen on the stands cheering for her team for the next whole month, Shilpa brushes aside all such questions. For now, it's all about her passion for cricket, her expectations from her team in the upcoming IPL, and her soon-to-be-launched clothing line, she says. Here's how the chat with her went...

You are back in Jaipur with your royals... How is the feeling? 
Yes. It feels like coming back home. Jaipur turf gives me a feeling of close association and bonding with the people, the culture. The people of Rajasthan have always loved me and given me their blessings. I feel like a royal.

What are your expectations from IPL4? 
Expectations are always the root cause of sorrows, so not that. Also, I am pragmatic and believe in leading life without having to be diplomatic. But I can definitely guarantee one thing – my Royals are born fighters and have come a long way. They were the underdogs initially and then came through with flying colours. Our royals (she always refers to the team as royals and not players) will prove their mettle this time, too.

Will Rahul Dravid's presence in the team make difference? 
All I can say is that this team is the best one we have had so far. We have a balanced set of players – and with players like Dravid, who has been a trendsetting captain too, we will definitely be will be throwing googlies (laughs).

Apart from cricket, what else are you doing? Are you helping your hubby in his business? 
Whatever I do, always do it with great passion and faith, be it anything or even cricket. After yoga DVD and spa centre, I am now concentrating on something new. Soon I will launch my contemporary clothing line, may be in a couple of months. Initially, it will be women's wear only.

On the personal front, when do you plan to have kids? 
Don't worry. Whenever I have such plans, I will definitely let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment