Thursday 25 August 2011

Kangna Ranaut's a bikini babe now!



Kangna Ranaut has donned a bikini in Rascals for the first time. The actress speaks about joining the league of Bipasha Basu and Kareena Kapoor in the hotness stakes. 

Was it daunting wearing a bikini for a film? 
I'm a city girl now, so it wasn't a shocking concept for me. I might wear a bikini if I go for a swim, but it does feel odd wearing close to nothing on a shoot - that too with the whole unit around, fully clothed! It makes you conscious.

What convinced you? 
David (Dhawan) sir said he'd like me to wear one for the scene. He didn't say it was compulsory, but with almost every actress donning one, it becomes almost essential in a film like Rascals. I'm not known for my item numbers or bikini scenes, so I took it up as a challenge. I didn't want to be known as someone who can't do it.

Did you work out for it? 
David sir was very clear that he did not want me to get super lean and lose all my curves. He specifically told me he wanted me to look like a woman and not like a little boy! Kalpesh, who's been my trainer for a few years now, stopped cardio for me totally. I was doing some weights but mostly freehand exercises to enhance my curves and look feminine and sexy. For a week before the shoot, I avoided eating fried or sweet stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment