Friday 24 February 2012

I want a husband like Madhavan: Bipasha Basu


I want a husband like Madhavan: Bipasha Basu
R Madhavan and Bipasha Basu have known each other for a decade, ever since they first met in 1997.

Hanging out with common friends, they shared a warm camaraderie till Madhavan moved to Chennai. But when they met once again, this time as "Jodi Breakers"'s lead pair, it was like the good old days. Their crackling chemistry effortlessly translates on to the screen too. Over to Maddy and Bips...

You have known Bipasha for long. Did you ever feel that she was hot?

Madhavan: Well, does one find sugar to be sweet? Of course she is hot! But the problem is that she is completely in shape and can make any man feel unfit (pointing to his tummy).

Bipasha: What rubbish!

Madhavan: Aren't you a fitness freak? You are the fitness and I am the freak (laughs).

Bipasha: Maddy you are really mad.

Okay, Bipasha, do you find South Indian men attractive?

Bipasha: My sister is married to a South Indian and I have a South Indian nephew. He looks very handsome. As for Madhavan, well, he is a benchmark for the kind of husband I want. I have said this to Sarita (Madhavan's wife) too. He is such a wholesome guy.

Madhavan: We know what you mean by wholesome... (points to the stomach once again).

Bipasha: That's why I want to take you to the gym (laughs). Personally, I'd not like to settle for someone less than Maddy. Not in weight though! He lives life king size. I would like to live my life with a man just that way.

So, Madhavan, what has been your reaction to her wanting a husband like you?

Bipasha: I have given the job to Madhavan to look for a guy like him for me. I told him this on his birthday.

Madhavan: My friends were flabbergasted on reading that. The biggest reaction was from my wife, whose eyebrows stayed up for two days. She was like, 'Does she really know you that well?' I'm sure Bipasha will find a better hubby than me.

Were you apprehensive about whether your pairing will work?

Madhavan: I knew Bips as a friend, but was sceptical about how we would look on screen. We are jodi breakers, but could not afford not to look compatible because eventually, it is a love story.

Bipasha: But we hit it off on screen too.


sources from: Tha times of india

No comments:

Post a Comment